Since I cook Italian (pepper, onion, garlic, mushrooms form the base around which nearly every dish revolves), a quick mix for that most tasty of treats, garlic knots, got my engines revving.
Here's the original list of ingredients and my substitutions:
Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C
* 1 tube refrigerated biscuits... had these on hand
* 3 Tbsp. butter, melted... ditto but add another 1-2 tbsp (you'll need it)
* ½ tsp garlic powder... yup but kick it to 1 tsp at least
*My addition: chopped garlic in olive oil, ~1-2 tbsp
* 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced... nope, not a parsley fan so sub with oregano, lots
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella... huh, fresh out so I subbed a Mexican taco cheese mix
Cut biscuits into fourths, and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, garlic powder, garlic in olive oil, parsley/oregano, and mozzarella/Mexican taco cheese mix, and mix with your hands, coating all of the biscuit pieces.
Place the pieces in a muffin tin, three pieces per tin (you’ll have two extra — just use them in whichever tin you want). I added a dollop of chopped garlic to the top and an extra twist of oregano.
Bake for 15 minutes. My oven may be running hot. I should have pulled them at ~13 minutes. Still, they turned out very nice. And tasty!
Best served fresh out of the oven with either a marinara sauce or a warmed up garlic in olive oil with Italian seasonings dip. Because you can never have too much garlic!